Decision Day

Jennifer Lamb 

Decision Day (blog post 3) 


 

    My initial impressions on InDesign and Premier Pro were very positive. I like both software a lot, they really went above and beyond with all of the certain things that you can do to photos and videos. For my project I'm going to use In Design for a magazine. I feel more comfortable with this certain software and I feel like I would do better, it seems a bit more basic, but I'm excited to see what I can do with this software.  

    I’ve used Premier Pro before in the past and I really liked using it to edit my videos, I was in a class called “TV Production” when I used it. This week when I used this softwire it felt nice, a few things have been updated and it’s great for editing videos. This project, I'm choosing to make a magazine because I'm not the best at recording and getting certain angles. Even though it sounds very interesting, I've had experience and that’s how I know I don’t think I would do too well with it. I like how in Premier Pro you can add certain transitions, change the color of the videos, add images, and add text... it's such a cool feature! 

     For InDesign I love that software because you can crop photos, change the layout, enhance the colors, and add text and pictures. I would really love to know who created this software because it’s above and beyond more than what I had expected! “Although a wonderful thing about storytelling projects is their ability to be completed in groups, collaboration among classmates can also be built into projects that involve peer review of single-author works.” (Our Place in the Universe, 2017) I like how we have the option to work with other people because it gives us the chance to work amongst our peers and help each other out and give each other constructive criticism along with different perspectives of work.  

    Magazines are kind of storytelling projects because we are informing our readers of whatever subject we are trying to talk about and if you wanted to, you could add a few stories here and there. I believe collaboration between students is very important due to the fact that possibly some students work more effectively when they are more comfortable within a class, which may improve their skills. “A number of literary magazines have made the transition from print to Internet-based formats in the past few years, and the idea is gradually becoming the norm.” (Survival of the Fittest, 2011) This quote provides information that is true to this day, everything becoming online has been a huge shift over the past 10 years and it’s hard to accept, I'm sure for the adults.  

    The fact that we have accessibility to types of electronics and software's like these, blows my mind and itabsolutely incredible. I can't wait to make my magazine with InDesign and be able to share it with you! 

Comments